Monday, March 16, 2009

THE BIGGEST LOVE



Barb attends the Veil Ceremony inside the temple and is lead into the Celestial Room where Nancy and Cindy wait for her. Realizing this may be the only glimpse she sees of what it will be like to be with her family in the afterlife, Barb breaks down, explaining she's facing a disciplinary hearing the next day.


I am coming out the the closet as a mormon. I was born one and will always be one. Can't do a damned thing about it, and boy have I tried. I have generations of mormon dna exploding in my jeans. Even if I am not tethered to the mothership via a lifeline, mormonism is a reality for me.

I really enjoyed watching the portions of the endowment ceremony on the show last night. I was in awe of the raw primeval purity of the snippet of the endowment ceremony that was actually shown. Last night I saw the entire ceremony in a totally different light. It was a beautiful thing. But to the eyes of someone on the outside, they go: “WOW!, this ain’t any category of religion I have ever seen before” (except for some jews and masons).

Lets ponder this: if Mormons are as unique and different as what was shown in camera, what do you really know about Mormons? How many other cultures are out there that you do not show the least curiosity about? And why do you think so many people are afraid of Mormons? Are you afraid? If so, why? If you saw this episode, you saw as deep as anyone can see without living the life. You observed ground zero of a faith, in living color.

If you are mormon, how do you feel about this being shown? Why are you afraid of having people see it? Jesus said "judge not, lest ye be judged". Are you being judged? Did you judge first or second? If it was a judgement, was it an eye for an eye or the other cheek?

If one can know the truth and the truth can set one free, does this mean all truth? That rabbit hole is calling all Alices. Mormon, Hindu, Jew, Muslim and Iroquois. Some people believe the yogis and zen masters helped dig the rabbit hole. Jesus liked rabbits too.

No comments: